Dental anxieties and phobias present themselves in a wide variety of ways, and specific fears vary from person to person. Dental anxiety may be mild to moderate, and often takes the form of a general sense of worry and apprehension when thinking about an upcoming procedure. Dental phobia is a more intense experience, with patients feeling an overwhelming, irrational fear of dental work. This can sometimes cause them to avoid care all together. Whatever your individual level of anxiety may be, our office is committed to making sure that your visit is as comfortable, quick and easy as possible. There are many solutions for dental anxiety, and we are ready to help.
Types of Sedation/relaxation we offer at Bio Dental
- IV sedation is administered intravenously into the bloodstream, which allows patients to be semi-awake and conscious enough to respond to questions and commands while being in an all-encompassing state of relaxation. In addition, dosage is adjusted based on personal needs and the type of procedure so the most accurate level of sedation can be administered the entire time. Many times, patients with dental anxiety who elect to receive IV sedation report having a very positive experience during their procedure and feel happy and confident in their dental experiences moving forward.
- Nitrous oxide is a safe and effective gas mixed with oxygen and inhaled through a mask that fits over your nose to help you relax. The effects wear off quickly. You can drive yourself after the appointment is over.
- CBD oil – Anxiety keeps many people away from their regularly scheduled dental visits. But avoidance can lead to advancing disease, which leads to more painful procedures. Your dental health is a snapshot of your overall well-being, so if your mouth isn’t healthy, your health is likely suffering too.
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is one of about 100 chemical compounds called cannabinoids derived from the hemp or cannabis plants. CBD will not deliver the euphoric “high” often associated with cannabis.
CBD oil is extracted from plants and taken orally by consumers in capsules, sprays, gummies, and oil extracts. Some of these forms can be mixed into various types of tinctures, gels, capsules, or creams.
Depending on the form you take, CBD is bioavailable at higher or lower levels. Bioavailability is a measurement of how effective a compound is and how long the effects last. Some forms work faster than others. Spray and oil get into the bloodstream quickly through your mucous membranes, while food products like gummies can take an hour or more to start working because they work their way through your digestive system.
CBD quells anxiety by positively stimulating neural regeneration as well as neurotransmitter systems, and also regulating the endocannabinoid system that becomes dysregulated through chronic stress.
The ECS comprises fatty ligands called endocannabinoids which bind to a vast network of cannabinoid receptor sites (CB1 and CB2) throughout the brain, central nervous system, immune system, and organs. Dynamic in nature, it is constantly working to ensure all our physiological systems remain in balance.
- Brain Wave EyeCare – Intelligent Music Sleep Aid Eye Massage Relax Device. Intelligent air pressure, regularly massaged and compressed on the important points of eyes to clear the nervous system and relieve fatigue. Made of high quality material, safe, durable, eco-friendly and harmless to your skin.
- Relaxing music and essential oils aromatization throughout the office
Our advanced dental technology:
- Digital radiology
- Digital scanner- no more impressions
- Soft tissue laser
- Air purifier in every working space
- External suction
- Essential oil humidifiers stations all over the clinic
- Personalized massage chair
- Intraoral imaging
- Ozone generating technology