Mercury / Amalgam Removal

Safe Amalgam Fillings Removal

All silver-colored fillings are called dental amalgam, and they contain about fifty percent mercury. Those amalgam fillings are still placed in the majority of the states.  Mercury is constantly released from dental amalgam fillings and it is absorbed and retained in the body, particularly in the brain, kidney, liver, lung, and gastrointestinal tract. The quantity of mercury relisted depends mostly on the size of fillings and the amount person has in their mouth. Mercury also released during other activities, such as chewing, teeth-grinding, and the consumption of hot liquids.

At Bio Dental we safely remove amalgam, mercury fillings and replacing them with Biocompatible, BPA free resin composites, while following protocol recommended by the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology.

Dr. Baranovitch is a SMART certified by IAOMT (International Academy of Oral Medicine And Toxicology) and follows their protocol with all details in place.  We also provide additional supplementation.

In order to protect our patients and our team we take strict precautions:

  • Isolation of the tooth with rubber dam and intraoral full suction system
  • External high speed air vacuum used during the procedure along with Ozonated water system and Ozonated air insufflation of the tooth
  • Complete isolation of all surfaces exposed including skin, hair, eyes and face with protective wear
  • Amalgam removed in large chunks in order to minimize vapor exposure
  • Water sprayed continuously through a handpiece and air-water syringe to push mercury particles to the suction line
  • Oxygen provided to the patient through the nasal cannula
  • A Negative Ion Generator used at all times and collects mercury particles released into the air
  • Restoring with Biocompatible materials
  • Rinsing with activated charcoal or chlorella to make sure there are no traces ingested